Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Black Man's Destruction

The black man's destruction is real simple. When we say "oh it's cause I'm black", it's getting real tired. We never take blame on ourselves and its sad. Put it in short, the black man's destruction is the black man himself.

Last time I checked...WE IN A RECESSION. And as victims of a recession what do we do? We get any and everythng we can get our damn hands on. It's a travesty.

Kanye West said it perfectly in Diamonds: "It's in a black person's soul to rock that gold." We as blacks have been oppressed for so long so I can understand why we want the high-class fashion. But lets face it, I'm giving people too much depth to be realistic. When you buy a new pair of Jordans, or a new chain, do you think:

A) I've been oppressed for so long that it's time I start treating myself right.
--or--
B) OOOOOOOOOOOOOHH I WANT THAT!!!

You spend $200 to $300 for one pair of Jordans that'll stay in style about 6 months give or take. Did you ever think how ELSE you could've spent that money? Think LOOOONG AND HARRRRRRD

Here's a thought, OPEN UP A FUCKIN COLLEGE FUND!!! Assuming that you wish to further your education, it would make perfect sense to not only save up for college but to spend money on something worthwhile. Instead of investing in Michael Jordan and his continuing business, how about you invest in your own damn future.

I'm saying this because its common sense dammit. Another thing that's common sense is if you'd reather spend money on Jordans than on bills then something is seriously wrong with you. Come on now, be serious. But then again the black man's destruction is the black man himself.

...And with that, your life just got that much more Rated-R...

No comments:

Post a Comment